mello merino values you, our customer and respects your privacy. we collect information about you through our website, in an effort to improve your experience with us, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. as described in this policy, we may under certain circumstances share your information among third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service we think may interest you.
if you have any questions about our privacy policies please contact head office via the contact us web page. by using our website and/or providing information to us, you consent to this policy.
personal information we may collect
we generally collect your personal information directly from you. for example when you subscribe to the mailing list, enter details to complete your online transaction, complete surveys, enter promotions etc. generally the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, e-mail address, and phone numbers, age, gender etc. if you do not give this information, we may not be able to provide goods or services to you.
further when you visit our website, we may collect more information about your visits, website activity and record the following information for statistical purposes:
- your ISP server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the name of the web page directing you
- the type of browser you are using
- your clicks and activity on our site
how we may use your personal information
mello merino collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- to communicate with you and to send you information by text, email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions or the products and services of others, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- to administer and fulfill our promotions
- to help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- to enhance your shopping experience
- to analyse trends and statistics
- to protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- to contact you for other reasons we deem necessary
however, these emails and texts will always include an ‘opt-out/unsubscribe’ facility, please see the section below called ‘can i make choices about receiving promotional communications’
how we may disclose your personal information
we may share your personal information in the following ways:
- in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our logs and records.
- with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers etc. we do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information
- when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers
- to conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law
- to protect our rights or property or those of our related companies
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to act in the interest of our, or our related companies, customers or others
can i make choices about receiving promotional communications
mello merino wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. if you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can choose to unsubscribe from email promotional communications by clicking the ‘manage your subscription’ link in the body of the email.
however, please be aware that if you unsubscribe you may lose any benefits associated with being subscribed to our communication systems, without warning.
if for some reason the unsubscribe function does not work you can contact head office through the ‘contact us’ page on the website. please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from mello merino. if you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honour your request. it may take up to 10 working days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
if you change your mind you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our website or our stores or when you contact our web administration.
please note that if you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. we may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
gaining access to information we hold about you
you can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our website (such as your name and contact information). to access your information on the mello merino website, simply log in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
we will, on request, update the personal information we hold about you unless there is an exception, which applies under the privacy act. your request to obtain access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. mello merino may recover from you its reasonable cost of providing you with access. if we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the privacy act.
our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. cookies enable you to shop on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
you can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. if you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
security of your personal information
we protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, modification, loss, disclosure and unauthorised access from external parties. your personal information may be stored either in hard copy documents or as electronic data in software or in files on our hardware systems. we maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data stores and premises, such as locks, security systems, computer and network security; for example: we use firewalls and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer system.
what about links to other websites
our website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. these websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to review them. we have no responsibility for linked websites and provide them solely for your information and convenience.
we may review this policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes by posting an updated version on this page.
how to contact us