The days are shorter, the nights are cooler, and that can only mean one thing: winter is here! It’s time to think about layering up and wrapping yourself and your family in comfy clothing made of natural merino wool.
Merino wool is a fantastic natural fibre that is incredibly soft, warm and breathable. It’s also incredibly light! It’s the perfect choice for layering in the winter or wearing on chillier days.
The Amazing Natural Qualities Of Merino Wool And Why It’s Ideal For The Whole Family
Merino wool is a fantastic, cosy choice for all of the family to wear when the days get colder. What advantages does this wool have over synthetic fibres?
- It’s naturally temperature-regulating. The fine, soft fibres create a layer of protection over your skin. The natural crimp in the fibre traps air, meaning it holds your body heat. Its temperature-regulating properties mean that it keeps you toasty and warm when it’s cold, and cool when it’s hot.
- It’s moisture-wicking. How can you be comfortable if your clothes are damp? Merino wool is moisture-wicking, meaning it quickly moves (or wicks) sweat to the fabric's outer surface, and it dries rapidly so that your sweat doesn't saturate the fabric, so it will help you stay dry.
- It’s odour-resistant. You and your kids can wear your favourite merino fibres all day without feeling sweaty or stinky!
- It’s soft and gentle. The delicate, blissfully soft texture, and super fine micron of merino wool fibre, makes it perfect for everyone. Even people with sensitive skin can wear merino wool without feeling scratchy and itchy.
- It’s super breathable. You’ll never feel stuffy and restricted when you dress in merino clothes. Our merino wool is super soft and allows your skin to breathe naturally.
With all these amazing benefits, you might think that merino wool is too good to be true!
For kids, merino wool is a great way to stay warm all winter long. Your children will love how soft, gentle and light merino wool is. No kid wants to be stuck in stuffy, restrictive clothing. Merino clothes are breathable and light enough so they can happily play while staying warm.
For women, merino wool is a versatile layering piece that can be dressed up or down for any occasion. It’s perfect for layering under your favourite jacket or worn on its own, or for exercising.
Merino wool is a great choice for activewear too, because it wicks away moisture and keeps you dry. As mentioned above, it’s odour-resistant! So you don’t have to worry about getting a bit stinky as you go about your day.
Bundling Up For The Chillier Months With Merino Layers
You’ll have no trouble putting together toasty winter outfits with merino wool. Here are some helpful tips for layering outfits:
- Start with a comfy base layer of merino wool. You want the layer closest to your skin to be soft and cosy, so merino wool is the best option. A long-sleeve top is a good choice.
- Use a mid layer to add more warmth. If it’s really chilly out, you can add a mid layer for more warmth and insulation. Think about practical options, like a thicker cotton and merino wool blend sweater.
- Top it off with an outer layer. A top layer needs to be durable because this will protect you from weather like wind and rain.
- Choose garments that are fitted but not too tight. Doing this will help you stay warm without restricting your movement.
- Don’t forget about style! If you want to look and feel good, wear merino clothes in different colours and styles. This will help you make fun and stylish looks through winter.
Merino Wool And Smart Sustainability
Comfort is key, but so is making smart decisions. One of the best things about merino wool is that it's a sustainable choice.
That’s right; you can experience all of the amazing advantages of this material while knowing you’re making an eco-friendly choice!
Merino wool is a fully natural fibre that comes from sheep. Sheep can be shorn every year, and the wool is used to make lots of amazing products. Unlike some synthetic products, merino wool is 100% biodegradable. This means the wool can be used, enjoyed, discarded and returned to the earth.
Merino wool from New Zealand is one of the best qualities of wool in the world. Why? Because the sheep we have here have everything they need to grow strong, healthy and super happy, and they are well looked after by our New Zealand farmers. Happier sheep make the best wool!
Stay Warm, Happy And Stylish Every Winter With A Wardrobe Full Of Merino Wool
Are you looking for the best merino clothes in New Zealand? Your search stops here! See what we have at Mello Merino, your go-to for premium soft merino clothes for your kids and yourself!
We have an extensive Mini collection for the smallest members of your family.
Why not pick something up for yourself? Check out our selection of women’s sweaters, which are super soft and come in a variety of gorgeous colours.
We love hearing from you, feel free to contact us at email@example.com, let's keep connected.
Mello Merino, keeping you and your family warm and happy all winter long.